Christian Rüss became a master printer in 1980. Shortly before his examination, he had become manager of a binding works founded in 1910 in Berlin’s Lindenstrasse, which is right in the heart of the German capital’s traditional printing district. His brother Cornelius joined him soon after and the business has been run as a family company ever since.
In 1994, the Rüss brothers seized an opportunity and complemented the binding works with printing works. The business flourished and it soon became necessary to find a new location. In February 2002, the company moved to larger premises in Potsdam’s Ulanenweg, in a structure built in 1860 on behalf of King Frederick William IV to house the arms factory of the Prussian Guard Uhlans (lancers). The building had been used by the Wehrmacht until 1945, then by the Soviet Army until 1992. As the structure was decayed when the Rüss brothers acquired it in 2001, extensive refurbishment was necessary before it could be made the company’s new headquarters.
In 2003, Druckerei Rüss was awarded a national prize for the exemplary restoration of that historic building.
The graphic design department is located close to Jägertor, right in Potsdam’s city centre. Don’t hesitate to visit us! Our team of expert graphic designers will be glad to develop tailored print products that exactly meet your requirements.